Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pregnancy#2 : Labour & Delivery

After the false alarm I had on 11 Sept, I told myself, I will not be 'fooled' again. Next time, mau tebranak sudah baru I go hospital... I hate the 'physical' check up ba.. punya main sakit!! Everytime I see a midwife or Dr come in the room and put gloves on, I feel like screaming.. How I wish there are other less painful alternative.. trauma betul oh!!

13 Sept
At around noon after peeing, I noticed a lump of thick glue-ish material (clear but tinge with brownish blood stain the size of my thumb) in the tissue. I know for a fact that this was another pre-labour symptom. I also know that it doesn't mean I will go into labour soon. I told DH (who was scheduled to fly back to JB on 14 Sep @ 6.55am) and we decided to go to RMC at about 4pm just to make sure the baby was ok. 

After checking, the Midwife admitted me as I was already going into active labour... I was 2cm dilated with strong frequent contractions. Sounds familiar kan?? Dr R came about 1 hour later to confirm that I was in labour and that he'll come and 'break' my water bag once I am 3-4cm dilated... So, the waiting game begins.

At about 7pm, Midwife came to do another physical check up and told me I was 3cm dilated already. I was moved to the delivery room and Dr R 'broke' my water bag at about 8.45pm. From then onwards, I started to feel stronger contractions. I noticed if I bend my legs on the knees, the pain is more manageable. I didn't realize that actually slowed the labour process; until my RMC 'room mate' told DH that I should kasi lurus my legs (she juz delivered her 4th baby few hours ago), so I followed her advice. Few more rounds of contractions later, I started feeling the 'mau tarik rambut' type of contraction and then soon the 'berak' feeling started... This time, I didn't have any form of pain relief (last time I got the one yang bikin mengantuk punya).

The Midwife told me to push whenever I feel like pushing and I did... and soon, I could feel the baby's head crowning. Just before my last push, I remembered Dr R saying; "Ok, during your next contraction, I need you to focus and listen. When you push, I need you to look at me. Don't close your eyes cuz u'll tend to do this (he did a demo with his face), crying, screaming will not help either. I promise you, if you could focus, there will be no tear or very minimal tear". So during my next contraction, the nurses helped me to get  back in the right position and I pushed... and finally at 11.48pm, baby Eva was delivered. The tear I had was only 1cm.

2 comments:

Wel^Beiolman said...

wah toi..congrates!!! Mia ada sister sda now..ye ye..

Deana E said...

wah...this is good.this time i missed the push...but at least ive had both normal and c-sect..dunno la, both pun sakit hahaha